Girls Primary Education Development Project was funded by Asian Development Bank and implemented by Ministry of Education to increase the quality and efficiency of the primary education system for girls in Pakistan, and enhance excess for girls in rural areas. The objective of the study were to review the role of the Textbook Boards, seeking ways to strengthen their quality control function, analyze the manuscript preparation arrangement, review capacity and facilities for production to examine trailing and evaluation procedure and to analyze the distribution mechanism.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the research team.
- Developed the strategy for conducting the survey
- Designed and pre-tested the research instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for primary and secondary data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive Survey of Curriculum Wing and Textbook Boards, Printers, Publishers, Wholesalers, Retailers, teachers and students.
- Analyzed the primary and secondary data;
- Prepared draft and final reports including conclusions and recommendations regarding curriculum development, manuscripts preparation, printing and publishing, pricing and distribution of textbooks.