Primary Education Project was designed with the assistance of World Bank to improve the management of primary education, curriculum and material supply, teacher training including pre and in-service training availability of female teacher, incentive for rural teachers and career development. Another component was communication/demand generation and school construction. The project sponsored different low cost rapid assessment studies on various issues of primary education.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
Semiotics was commissioned to conduct five studies under separate contracts. In all the above studies, performed the following tasks:
- Assembled and mobilized the research team to develop the research methodology
- designed and pre-tested the research instruments
- hired and trained the field staff for data collection
- carried out literature review, survey and interviews in all the four provinces
- analyzed the primary and secondary data
- Prepared the draft and final reports.