The program aims to achieve demonstrated and a measurable improvements in key social indicators in the eight union councils of Allai Valley through the following Strategic Objectives: (i) Increased utilization of quality, basic education services for children in the Allai Valley; (ii) Improved access to and use of safe drinking water and sanitation facilities in the Allai Valley; (iii) Improved natural resource management capacities and practices in the Allai Valley.
Semiotics was contracted to conduct the baseline study.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the research team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the baseline survey
- Designed and pre-tested the survey instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Conducted household survey in Allai, group discussions, in-depth interviews with community representatives, local government functionaries, district government officials, NGOs and donors to derive a comprehensive picture of the Allai Valley.
- Analyzed the primary and secondary data.
- Prepared draft and final reports of the baseline survey