DAPRC was a Project Funded by USAID under the Supervision of PNCB. The Project Started in 1989 and ended in June 1993. DAPRC mainly serves as resource centre emphasizing on drug demand reduction, documentation, information & out reach, material and audio-visual research and evaluation were the six prominent units it comprises.
The extent of the consultancy services embraced the identification of the current general pattern of drug abuse, the socio-economic conditions of the abusers and the role of drug traffickers, prevailing in the country
Evaluation of technical, social and economic aspects of Cannabis and Poppy crops made under the study funded by UNDP/DAPRC and report submitted to client. Semiotics was recruited to conduct the research studies.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the studies.
- Designed and pre-tested the instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive data collection operation
- Analyzed the data;
- Prepared draft and final reports