Gender Justice through Musalahat Anjuman (MAs) was UNDP and Ministry of Local Government joint project. It worked with Judiciary and police and aimed to strengthen MAs through provision of capacity building and other support. It was implemented in 8 pilot districts (02 per province) i.e. Abbottabad, D.I.Khan, Bhawalpur, Attock, Quetta, Lasbella, Shikarpur and Dadu.
Semiotics was awarded a contract to carry out mapping exercise to establish a baseline regarding provision of justice (particularly for women) and gender violence cases in selected pilot districts.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the research team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the mapping
- Designed and pre-tested the research instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for primary and secondary data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive survey and group discussions with elected representatives, secretaries of Union Councils; police officers in the selected district of four provinces.
- Collected secondary data on gender violence cases.
- Analyzed the primary and secondary data;
- Established district level benchmarks regarding gender issues, particularly gender violence cases; carried out an appraisal of possible limitations/challenges/pit-falls and facilitating factors and agents in establishing Musalihat Anjuman Support Services (MASS), Musalihat Anjuman Justice Advocates (MAJA) and MA’s at the Union Councils level.
- Prepared draft and final reports;