CBRM was a project sponsored under the umbrella of SDC/ Inter cooperation’s provincial Natural Resource Management Program (NRM). The objective of the project was: to increase the capacity of the rural communities (with focus on disadvantaged groups) for sustainable development and self management - and strengthen the implementing partners’ capacity to contribute to the above; develop a community based management system for the conservation, renewal and increased productivity of renewable natural resources; contribute towards the improved access of rural communities to basic social services. Semiotics was commissioned to conduct the baseline survey of the project.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the research team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the baseline survey
- Designed and pre-tested the research instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive household survey as well as group discussions with village community in the project area and conducted interviews with relevant district managers. Analyzed the data;
- Prepared draft and final reports including main findings on agriculture, livestock, environmental, health, education