IPRP was a Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation’s (SDC) funded project mandated for implementation to Swiss Inter-cooperation (IC) in the selected areas of Malakand Division where women and children considerably contribute to subsistence income from Natural Resource Management (NRM). The project aimed at poverty alleviation through innovative approaches and interventions.
Semiotics was awarded a contract for conducting the baseline survey in Chail and Chagharzai valleys of Swat and Buner to gather data that describes the situation in the target areas clearly in term of the project’s focus.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the survey team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the baseline survey
- Designed and pre-tested the survey instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff including partner organizations’ staff for quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive household survey as well as group discussions with village community in the project area and conducted interviews with relevant stakeholder and analyzed the data;
- Prepared draft and final reports including main findings on poverty, agriculture and related sub sectors, environment, health and education.