The Government of Pakistan introduced a new local government system in 2001. Decentralization Support Programme (DSP) was an initiative of the Government of Pakistan, implemented with the partial funding support of Asian Development Bank, to carry forward reforms in the areas of decentralization, fiscal restructuring and local governance. The overall objective of DSP was to improve local government representation, accountability and efficiency, resulting in improved service delivery.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Developed the methodology and survey instruments, prepared inception report.
- Carried out situational analysis survey and Training Needs Assessment of ZMC in 12 selected districts of four provinces and prepared survey report.
- Shared the finding of the survey and TNA on ZMC as well as functioning and gaps in four Provincial workshops.
- Prepared Action Plan for capacity development of the ZMCs.
- Prepared Handbook on Effective Functioning of ZMCs including reporting and follow-up mechanism; Rules of Business and Training Module both in English and Urdu.