The objective of the TA was to assist the NWFP provincial government (NPG) to prepare a reforms program to be financed by a program loan, to make devolved social services(Education, Health, Water Supply and Sanitation) more effective, effi
cient, equitable, and sustainable. The TA had the following outputs: (i) situation analysis, (ii) recommendations for reform in the social sectors, (iii) program loan design, and (iv) capacity-building and program implementation support design for delivery of devolved social service with cross cutting theme of gender and private public partnership.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Deployed a team of seven consultants, established a TA implementation office, procured and equipped the project office, managed the consultants’ team,
- Carried out comprehensive situation assessment of service delivery of Health, Education and Water Supply & Sanitation sectors including cross cutting issue of Private-Public Partnership,
- Field visit to 12 districts through in depth interviews and focus group discussions with district managers, elected representatives, NGOs and holding of four stakeholders consultation workshops and a round table
- Prepared situation assessment reports of Education, Health, Water Supply & Sanitation, Gender and Private Public Partnership.
- Prepared policy matrix, worked out program loan requirement, recommended implementation arrangements and program loan design framework.
- Prepared the Draft and Final Reports.