TAMA was providing consultancy and technical assistance services to the sectors covering Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), mainly Health, Education, Special Education and Water Supply and Sanitation.
TAMA has signed a contract with the Semiotics for rationalization of user charges. The objective of the assignment was to ensure that user rates not only meet economic and efficiency requirements for the Government but also are affordable to the general public and in close proximity to the rate they are actually currently paying because of rent seeking tendencies etc.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the research team.
- Developed the strategy for conducting the assignment
- Designed and pre-tested the research instruments
- Hired and trained the field staff for primary and secondary data collection
- Conducted exit survey of facility users
- Analyzed the primary and secondary data,
- Held focus group discussions with the relevant stakeholders/decision makers
- Prepared the draft and final reports containing recommendations for rationalization of user rates on the basis of analysis of various health services and focus group discussions.