The Biosaline-II project aimed at poverty reduction, improvement in livelihood, sustainable farming systems through community based interventions, improved crop and livestock productivity, natural resource conservation, access to market and services, income generation activities and enhanced women’s role in development. It sought community mobilization, promotion of community based organizations, biosaline technologies, know how and training, reclamation of salinity/sodicity affected and waterlogged land, and related poverty alleviation measures. Semiotics was commissioned to conduct the baseline survey of the project.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES PROVIDED
- Assembled and mobilized the research team.
- Developed the methodology and strategy for conducting the baseline survey
- Carried out desk research and designed and pre-tested the research instruments for households and community groups
- Hired and trained the field staff for primary and secondary data collection
- Undertook a comprehensive Baseline Survey in three experimental districts (Jhang, Hafizabad and Sargodha) and in three control districts (Toba Tek Singh, Sheikhupura and Khushab) of Punjab, besides focus group discussions, in-depth interviews with relevant district officials, NGO and institutions,
- Prepared draft and final reports with main findings for each district